BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The winter Kiss

The path was drowning in snow,
but the sun gave it an enamel glow.
I walked on the meandering way,
with the snowstorm across my face.


The beggar asked me for a shilling in pain,
i gave him my coat shivering in vain.
The lamp post was glowing with panache,
I quickly ran for its warmth in haste.
A shadow was walking towards me,
The winter was not telling the true story.


My eyes darted towards the stranger,
the stranger replied with a piercing gaze.
The hazel eyes were searching me,
for i was sure there was a tale.
Those eyes were to haunt me forever,
as i was seeing them only till one hour later.


The stranger moved towards me with grace,
i think she was a woman from an earlier phase.
she took shelter in my shivering body,
I felt the bodies connecting in a soliloquy.


The warmth was fighting the storm,
Something weird was going around.
My eyes went big in surprise,
for she gave me a kiss in disguise.
The time stopped for a fleeting second,
I savoured it every moment.


The storm seemed to calm down soon,
I realised the sun was shining in noon.
She walked back without a word,
leaving me lost in my own world.
The beggar awoke me from my stupor,
I gave him a dollar returning the favour.
I walked back to my lonely home,
The sun shone on the path aplomb!!!!

1 comments:

Khyati said...

wat a lovely poem!!! I really dnt have words to comment of such a beautiful work... It'll be a shame for a naive like me to comment on its beauty