BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 5, 2009

Mystery of Solitude

Solitude is it good, is it bad? Most of us would say that it is bad, but I prefer solitude, it gives you freedom to think, the eerie nature of silence helps in breaking down the most complex of the problems, I do not disagree that solitude might make you depressed and anguished. Solitude sounds dark in nature, but it is like a dark tunnel which ends in bright light.

The pressure of daily life is enormous, it may get to you sometimes, so I feel the best way to get some respite is to get away from the entire hustle bustle and stay in solitude for sometime. To achieve a future image of the consequences of your action, solitude is the best solution. Solitude doesn’t have to be necessarily evil

I think to be strong in your weakest moments is a great virtue which can be achieved only by few. The state of solitude might sometimes bring out the worst in you. For some it might be fear, for some it might be boredom and the list is endless but those who conquer this never fail in life.

Think of it why do authors, scientists like to work alone, because in that moment of silence they try to create a world of their own and calculate infinite possibilities of their work. I myself have seen it, when am alone away from the crowd I often create a world of my own, the world of imagination, I think of the impossible and gain satisfaction. Our dear former president Dr. A.P.J.Kalam says it’s good to dream.

I don’t think everybody will agree to this dark thinking. But many would definitely feel that there is an uncanny coincidence between the article and their life. I feel what is dark may not necessarily be dark, because there is light even in the darkest corner of the earth.

10 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

there is light even in the darkest corner of the earth--excellent piece..also, abt solitude my personal thoughts..born in a big fmly i always wanted people around me..thought will be dead if u shunt me alone in a room..but destiny has its way..i am indeed alone in sharjah with my fmly off in india..and i learnt - one is never lonely when in solitude..good books, gr8 friends..well u r never alone.

sujata sengupta said...

I think solitude has always been a state of mind for me. I love to be alone..but again even in my solitude, there is no dearth of company, there are my dreams and the memories. Great and thought provoking post.

As the Mind Meanders said...

You dig deep mate...

Keep writing...

Adil said...

prithvi...amazing!! although one may have family n friends around but there r time when one feels so lonely and in this loneliness he thinks, he dreams and he desires. This desire paves the way to destiny. God Bless....

Imagination said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... I really appriciate your thoughts about solitude. Beleive me being in solitude is an expereince in itself...I often long for.....that solitude just to be with myself

Anonymous said...

Not dark at all. I love the lines you added "there is light even in the darkest corner of the earth."

A person is perhaps at peace with himself who can bare solitude. I think it is those who must always have company who may have the harder burden. perhaps they can't stand to be with only themselves?
Thoughtful post!

Looked for your followers button. I will be pleased to follow your blog.

prithvi said...

@ R. Ramesh
It was good to look at solitude from your point your view. Keep visiting and welcome aboard!!!!

@ sujata
I prefer similar conditions as yours. Keep visiting and in between you have a real nice blog, welcome aboard!!!

@ As the Mind Meanders
Thanks mate, keep visiting.....

@ Adil
Thanks buddy

@ Imagination
You are welcome, I know exactly what you feel, I myself feel the need to be alone sometimes, welcome aboard...

@ The the Things We Carried
Thanks for yours comments and visiting again, I really enjoy reading your blog, keep visiting!!!

R. Ramesh said...

thanks buddy 4 passing by..cheers

ZB said...

You have described Solitude quite correctly..
But Solitude and Loneliness are very different from each other.

Solitude is something which you have created on your own for your benefit and you enjoy it, like in the case of scientists and writers you mentioned. Solitude is keeping yourself away from people so that you have your clarity of thoughts and creative thinking process.

but Loneliness is something which everyone hates. Most often loneliness comes to a person when he is in the midst of a thousand people. Lonliness is a feeling of rejection and dejection.

The difference is solitude is a positive state of mind where as loneliness is negative.

Most people confuse between the two. Both are very much different. Noone can hate solitude, because once he hates it it ceases to be solitude, it becomes lonliness.

I hope i made some sense.

Thanks for dropping by and nice post.:)))))))

prithvi said...

@ ZiLliOnBiG
Well solitude has a perspective. There is a thin line between solitude and loneliness which you have beautifully described. I had wished to clarify the negative perspective about solitude in my post. Thanks for your reply and keep visiting!!!!