BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

happiness,life and god

Happiness, the word has a price tag attached to it. A price which will remain always be beyond the realm of human mind. The whole human race runs frantically behind happiness. I find it as precious as Holy Grail; everybody tries to find it to satisfy his or her fill of greed of happiness. But you ask a 10 year old kid or a seasoned 80 year old man they both will tell you the same thing, they wish happiness would be intertwined in every aspect of their life. But what exactly is the price of happiness?

The Greeks used to believe that a living body can't achieve the happiness until death. I am not advocating death over here to achieve happiness. People are often obsessed with afterlife or what should be their karma in order to obtain a place in heaven with their god. I don't blame the common man for being so obsessed. These days you will find the common man spending lump some amount on havans or other forms of worship to satisfy god. People are so busy reading the rules of bhagwad gita, bible and Quran that they forget the true meaning of the books.

What is the motive of all this? To have a good happiness filled life and spend the afterlife with god in heaven that's all? Maybe people should try and reach out the true meaning of those books. People in this frantic search for happiness are often surprised that these holy books only tell them what they already know. But think again are we truly upholding the meaning of these books. One of my friends told me a very simple thing," maybe you think of your life in a me-centric manner".

I am not one of the best believers around. But I believe there is something which created all this we have today, I don't wish to know what it is, but yah something is up there which made us. People have given it names some call him Jesus, some call him Allah. I call him creator. I won't say the holy books are a guideline from him. But maybe if we could derive the true meaning of those books, we could live in a state of truth rather than in a state of denial. I believe happiness is something which we shouldn't chase; rather we should wait for it to come to us.

I may sound confused but all I am saying is lets try to live a true good life, life which is lived for upholding the true values is 10 times better than life lived chasing a false dream.

13 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

profound theory indeed, philosopher..cheers

sujata sengupta said...

Happiness is a state of mind, its in looking at a kids joyful smile and in being brought a bunch of wild flowers. Happiness is around us 24*7, only if we looked at the right places, we wouldnt have to pursue it so much. Great post.

Margaret Cloud said...

I agree with R.Ramesh, this is so profound, I found it so interesting and true. Happiness comes to use in many forms as we go through life and we should accept it with open arms. Thank you for coming by and have a great weekend.

Kalpana Bindu said...

Amazing post dear friend. We need not to chase or even wait for happiness, it is there, its just that we need to open our eyes to see it, to feel it.... Very very interesting.

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Hi Prithvi,

Nice to of you visit and comment on an aunty-blog like mine.
I enjoyed your sometimes-rambling, sometimes-focussed thoughts on happiness (and solitude).

Keep writing!

Adisha said...

The pursuit of happiness in the most elusive chase ever ... The only place on can find it , is within each moment and yourself ... I really enjoyed reading your take on the above and glad that you visited my site ...

Do keep visiting ... :D

prithvi said...

Fellas, I really needed to gather my thoughts again and give your views sometime so sorry for replying late.
@ R.ramesh
Thanks, well these are really not that profound thoughts, these are basic human thoughts which every one of us thinks at one point of time.
@ Sujata
Well you are absolutely true but not every one of us is blessed with this way of thinking!!!!
@ Margaret Cloud
First time visit!! Thank you mam for your thoughts. I will consider putting these thoughts into my mind.
@ Imagination
I think that we need to show people how to see the true things. Thanks for visiting
@ Sucharita Sarkar
Well you really caught the mood of my blog; I am most of the times confused. Thanks for visiting
@ Adisha
It was fun reading your blog too. Thanks for visiting :)

Balachandran V said...

I have been looking over your writings; and I am your follower...!
:)

Unknown said...

hi.. I have tagged you in My latest post Questions tag...please check out my blog...

Sandy said...

Hi,
I wish to thank you for your visit to my place. I have read your writings on happiness and find that you have searched deep inside yourself to find the very thing we all search for. Philosophizing is good for the mind and the soul...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

How are you? Have great summer.

prithvi said...

@ Balachandran V
Thanks man, even you write very well :)
@ Shankar
Thanks :)
@ Sandy
I have read your posts they are very helpful in igniting pleasant thoughts. Cheers to you. Thanks for visiting :)
@ Gigi
Hey!!
Am fine, you too have a great summer

Anonymous said...

Thanks Prithvi for visiting my blog. I hope to see you again.